A Miscellany 157
by Rev. Leah Gary, MAS
To open a discussion on this article, please use the contact page to provide your comments.
- It all started with a tree
- And someone said, "hey look at me."
- Then they fell down from the top
- Hitting every branch before they could stop.
- Then they formed a religion
- And started sacrificing things.
- Then they got opinions
- And got new denominations like wings.
- Then they saw winged people
- And someone said, one arrow will take em down.
- Then they fell even harder
- Hitting every thing before they hit the ground.
- Then this formed a culture, a religion,
- Founded a town.
- They started ruling out of greed and power
- And they forgot where wisdom could be found.
- Because we're really just a leaf
- On tree someone planted long ago
- And some idiot had to climb
- Only to fall as many have fell instead
- of waiting for the winds of change to blow.
Copyright 2007, L. Gary