What is it about Halloween that makes some Christians crazy?
Halloween is here again. And once again, a small minority of vocal Christians want to take the fun out of it by proclaiming blatant nonsense about the meaning of Halloween.
Here's a sample of what Kimberly Daniels of Kimberly Daniels Ministries International has to say this year in an incredible rant about Halloween:
If this holiday is hallowed, whose service is it set apart for? The answer to that question is very easy—Lucifer's!
It is dedicated to darkness and is an accursed season.
For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.
I have prayed for witches who are addicted to drinking blood and howling at the moon.
The danger of Halloween is not in the scary things we see but in the secret, wicked, cruel activities that go on behind the scenes. These activities include:
- Sex with demons
- Orgies between animals and humans
- Animal and human sacrifices
- Sacrificing babies to shed innocent blood
- Rape and molestation of adults, children and babies
- Revel nights
- Conjuring of demons and casting of spells
- Release of "time-released" curses against the innocent and the ignorant.
Where on earth does this foolish woman get such silly ideas?
There's a couple of things that really bother me .
First of all, it's not just this one woman and her strange ideas from out there in left field. She actually published this on someone else's Christian web site — Prophetic Insight which claims to offer "timely and relevant messages for the body of Christ from recognized prophetic voices." Yes — Kimberly Daniels is a recognized prophetic voice. This recognition adds a layer of Christian credibility to her idiotic claims. Then it was republished on Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network's web site, adding another layer of Christian credibility. Do none of these Christians have a sanity filter for what they publish?
Secondly, we do hear occasionally of young people performing so-called Satanic rituals. It's part of normal youthful rebellion to go against the proclaimed values of their parents. But where do these kids get their ideas of what constitutes a Satanic ritual? They don't get the ideas from other Satanists. They get them from the sick minds of people like Kimberly Daniels inventing and publishing nonsense about Halloween. I suggest that Christians like Daniels actually serve to create Satanists — or at least they create pretend Satanists.
And the trick-or-treaters, those not frightened off by the likes of Kimberly Daniels and Pat Robertson, will be getting candy at my house this Halloween with my personal guarantee that none of it has been prayed over by witches.
- The Danger of Celebrating Halloween, Kimberly Daniels, Prophetic Insight from Charisma, Tuesday, 27 October 2009
- OK - only the questionable Pat Robertson Christian credibility, but still...
- Prophetic Insight liked the article so much they republished it the very next day with a different title Should Christians Celebrate Halloween
- That's a personal opinion. I have no facts to back it up. However, there is a higher probability that it contains a nugget of truth than Kimberly Daniel's assertion that witches pray over most Halloween candy.