The Word According to Jerry : Quotations from Jerry Falwell
To open a discussion on this article, please use the contact page to provide your comments.
- We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism...we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today...our battle is with Satan himself.
- AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
- The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.
- One day, I hope in the next ten years, I trust that we will have more Christian day schools than there are public schools. I hope I will live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken over them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!
- The Bible is the inerrant word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.
- If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
- The public school system is damned. Let me tell you how radical I am. Christian students should be in Christian schools. If you have to sell your car, live in a smaller house, or work a night job, put your child in Christian schools. If you can't afford it, homeschool.
- It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.
- Bill Clinton created an epidemic of oral sex in our nation's High Schools.
- The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.
- The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
- The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.